Our Sacred Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Journey of Discovery, Understanding, Oneness, Wisdom & Self

HomeHome  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  SearchSearch  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  

Totem Animals

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Avari.Clover

Avari.Clover

Helpful Posts : 3

Totem Animals Empty
PostSubject: Totem Animals   Totem Animals Empty5/3/2010, 1:31 am

I am not Native American, however, I do believe in totem animals or animal guardians as other cultures may call them.

A simple way to find out about your totem animals is to ask to see them in your dreams. Of course, there are more obvious ways. What animals seem attracted to you most? Which animals do you feel more inclined to? Which keep appearing? Often we collect items with our favorite animals on them without thinking about it.

Mine happens to be a shark and last night I asked to see others.

Very Happy So...last night I had a dream about being surrounded by all manner of wild felines
Most particularly I remember, a mountain lion and what I believe to be a bobcat.

Feel free to share what you know about totem animals in general and your own as well.
Back to top Go down
Safyre
Admin
Safyre

Helpful Posts : 0

Totem Animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Totem Animals   Totem Animals Empty5/4/2010, 11:37 am

This past weekend my kids and I went to a psychic fair in hopes of attending a Shamanic Journey to meet your power animal. Unforunately the person doing the class was sick Sad We were all a bit bummed.

I also have Medicine Cards by Sams & Carson. The cards are beautiful and the descriptions in the book are wonderful. Another one I use some times is Sacred Path Cards by Jamie Sams. I am not Native American but my brother-in-law is and I had him read some of it and he really like how the explained things clearly about the different traditions and rituals of the Native American.

It's funny how you mentioned about not even knowing that a totem animal is around you. Last year Dragonfly (Illusion) showed up several times to me last summer. He was hard to miss with his brilliant red body. As the year has gone on, I have realized that I have always had dragonflies around me. I have pictures on the walls, candle holder, etc. Just the other day I opened a book I hadn't in years and there was a bookmarker with a dragonfly on it.

Totem Animals 06240913
Back to top Go down
Avari.Clover

Avari.Clover

Helpful Posts : 3

Totem Animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Totem Animals   Totem Animals Empty5/10/2010, 10:08 pm

lol I just thought of another of my own. A spider. Always fascinated by the tales of spiders in mythos. They always near me too. ;.; Another animal that scares me sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Totem Animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Totem Animals   Totem Animals Empty

Back to top Go down

Totem Animals
Page 1 of 1